Hrithik Roshan Breaks Silence on ‘Don 3’ Rumours Amid Ranveer Singh’s Feud With Excel Entertainment (EXCLUSIVE)
Rahul Raut
- Saif Ali Khan and Farhan Akhtar Reunite For A Thriller 25 Years After ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ Box Office Prediction: Akshay Kumar Eyes Another Success After ‘Bhooth Bangla’
- Box office Weekend Winners: ‘Cocktail 2’ Leads; ‘Main Vaapas Aaunga’ Grows Remarkably, ‘Maa Inti Bangaaram’ Opens Strongly
- ‘Cocktail 2’ Gets Strong Opening, ‘Main Vaapas Aaunga’ Gears up for Bigger Second Weekend
- Upward Trend for ‘Main Vaapas Aaunga,’ ‘Obsession’ and ‘Haunted 3D’ Continue Smooth Run at the Box Office
Latest
On Monday (February 9), Variety India exclusively reported that a serious dispute has erupted between Ranveer Singh and Excel Entertainment following the actor’s exit from "Don 3." Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidwani have claimed that Singh’s departure has resulted in financial losses worth ₹40 crore and are seeking compensation, while Ranveer has pushed back, accusing the banner of unprofessional conduct and a lack of commitment, which he says led to repeated delays in the film’s production.
The standoff has since escalated further. Ranveer has reportedly argued that the producers kept delaying the film because they were unsure of mounting a project of that scale with him, especially after his career hit a rough patch with multiple box office disappointments. As per media reports, Singh has also alleged that Excel Entertainment attempted to replace him with Hrithik Roshan.
However, those claims appear to be untrue, as Hrithik Roshan has categorically denied ever being approached for "Don 3". Reached for comment, Hrithik exclusively told Variety India, “What started off as just a rumour has now taken a life of its own, and it’s important to set the record straight. I would like to categorically clarify that I was never approached for 'Don 3' at any given time. I request the media to steer clear of any such unverified reports.”
Related Stories
"Don 3" was originally announced in August 2023, with Ranveer stepping in to play the new-age Don. However, the film faced repeated delays for multiple reasons. It was eventually expected to begin shooting in January this year, but just weeks before it could go on floors, Ranveer walked out of the project.
Singh has cited dissatisfaction with the script as the primary reason for his exit, claiming it deviated substantially from the narrative structure outlined at the time he signed on.
The matter resurfaced earlier this week when Farhan and Ritesh escalated it to the Producers Guild of India, formally requesting that Singh reimburse them for the alleged losses incurred due to his sudden departure. Singh has firmly resisted the demand, arguing that he bears no financial liability since he did not accept any remuneration or signing amount for the project.
With both sides engaged in a blame game, the dispute is expected to intensify in the days ahead.
Read More About: Don 3, Excel Entertainment, Farhan Akhtar, hrithik roshan, Ranveer Singh, Ritesh Sidhwani
More from Variety
By providing your information, you agree to our Terms of Service and our Privacy Policy. We use vendors that may also process your information to help provide our services. // This site is protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.













Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinting in whole or in part in Variety publications.